Tuesday 12 February 2013

Vegan Granola Bars Recipe

I found this on the Epicurean Vegan - one of my favourite cooking sites - and was immediately in love with how these little bars looked. 

As it was something of a last minute scramble, and we don't live Stateside, I had a bit of a play with the ingredients (the italics), otherwise I followed the recipe as is.

3/4 C quick oats - porridge oats
2 Tbs brown rice flour - Linwoods milled flax, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds with goji berries (an all time favourite and available at Sainsburys)
2 Tbs quinoa flakes - Great Scot dried quinoa
1/2 C nuts, chopped (I used peanuts and pecans) - mixed, pre-chopped
1/4 C sunflower seeds
1/4 C chia seeds & 2 Tbs flaxseeds - mixed seeds selection from Asda (pumpkin, sunflower, hemp and linseed
1/2 C dried fruit, chopped (I used Craisins) - Asda's Orchard Dried Fruits (prunes, apricots, pear and apple)
1/2 C dark chocolate chips
3 Tbs almond butter - soya margarine
1 small avocado, pitted
2 Tbs brown rice syrup - agave nectar
3 Tbs almond milk
1 tsp vanilla - cinnamon

They are utterly addictive and delicious, even the lovely boyf has taken to them in all their vegan goodness!  We've since made a second batch to which I added cranberries and took what is my only picture so far;  I think that there will be plenty more opportunities to take more though ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.