Monday 16 July 2012

A foodie diversion... Snow Pea Salad and Vegan Nutella

I couldn't resist pictures of this salad, all thanks to the Cowgirl Chef.  Stir-fried Snow Peas, or in my case, Sweet Peas are a revelation.  I'd be lying if I didn't say that this takes some cooking, but it is a salad well worth (the effort and) trying, I added some cous cous too (we were a little short on quinoa) and you won't get the full experience without the dreessing... so don't skimp on it!



And this is for my good friend L, as promised my first vegan Nutella recipe.


2 cups roasted hazelnuts with as much of the skin removed as possible
1/3 cup cocoa powder, I used dark for this recipe, would try it again with a vegan "milk" chocolate powder for a more Nutella-brand taste
1/3 cup agave nectar (1/4 cup with a sweeter cocoa).
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup non-dairy milk, I used almond, but would try coconut for added sweetness.
1-2 tsp olive oil.

Once the hazelnuts were cooled, I ground them to fine in my blender.  I then added everything else, bar the olive oil and blitzed till smooth.  I can't get my blender to blend to a totally smooth paste, but I like the tiny bits of ground hazelnut, it feels more authentic!  I then slowly added the olive oil, to loosen the paste as it was very thick and will thicken some more in the fridge.  You could also use more milk to thin it a little.

It is glorious, rich, adult Nutella and glorious on warm toast... such a shame the 11yr old isn't that keen and will "wait for the Nutellary one" :o)

I'm also thinking that this would be just amazing with chilli in it... or vodka... and I know just the people to try it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.