Sunday 18 March 2012

Herby Tuna Dog Biscuits

Now that we are finally running low on liver biscuits, I decided to see what else was in the cupboard and make Megs some new ones... plus I can't work my way back up to liver again so soon!  Tuna seemed an easier option.

Megs' Herby Tuna Biscuits

1 tin Tuna in Sunflower Oil
450gms Allisons Wholewheat Flour with Seeds and Oats
6 tbsps EVOO
1 tsp dried Oregano
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
4 Sage leaves, finely chopped

Preheat the oven to 180C.  Put all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix on a medium speed.  Your dough will look crumbly (large crumbly) but holds enough moisture to shape once you handle it.  

Crumbly tuna biscuit mixture.
I formed my dough into flattened balls again, Megs seems to like them and I was being lazy!  I got 24 1.5" balls out of the mixture.



I baked them in the oven for 25 minutes, then turned it off and opened the door by an inch or two.  I will leave them in there till the morning to harden.  For softer biscuits, take them out to cool after the 25 minutes.

Vegan/Veggie Alternative: to make a meat free version I would mix all of the other ingredients and crumble or cube tofu into the mixture at the end, mixing it in gently with a spoon.  To account for the oil in the tuna, you may also need to add another tbsp oil.  Next time we have some tofu going spare I'm going to make them.

Based on the soundtrack of endless whining from my new shadow Megs as I made the biscuits, I think these will be popular.  We'll see tomorrow morning...

19th March... they look good and Megs likes them, only slight issue is that they crumble... we need to keep the dustpan handy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.