Saturday 15 October 2011

Rascal and Dexter, showing us how it's done



I love my animals, little or large, and it is hard to see that Dexter isn't well.  He's an old guinea pig and he's outlived his brother by a year or so; the decline has been gradual but I think we are nearing the end.  He still has good moments but sits mostly facing a corner and is not eating or drinking unless I intervene.  This morning I was intervening when Rascal came along and reminded me again that he is a cat with a very special soul.  

He nuzzled and licked, sat next to Dexter on the counter, shared his breakfast biscuits and Dexter looked almost like his old self again for a few lovely moments.  I put the camera on the counter, on timer, to try and get some pictures for the 10yr old: I love this one, just as I wrapped Dexter back up to take him back to his cage, Rascal leaned in for a final nuzzle; he is a very good cat!

2 comments:

  1. Just reading this has brought sadness to my heart, yet at the same time I'm glad to read about the love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lon, he's much worse today, hopefully it won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.