Friday 21 October 2011

It seems I've lost a follower...

to Christ... I kid you not!  It's such a shame.  They were, until recently, Buddhist and wrote a lovely blog of meditations on life, the world, and the little things that count.  I would dip in once every couple of weeks for a top up of calm happiness.  We "spoke" to each other via our blogs and I have enjoyed the first steps of friendship.  I missed the conversion, but when taking my usual dip yesterday suddenly found lots of CAPITAL LETTERS and REDEMPTION and SAVING from prior EVILS - I take this one to heart, Buddhism an evil?!? I think not!  Today it seems, as well, that this newly found Christian faith means that they can no longer relate to me; I have been defollowed.

It is, of course, entirely their decision as to who they follow and read, and I truly wish them well  It is not, either, that I am unhappy about their choice, far from it in fact; I believe that faith is one of the cornerstones of life.  Be it in Buddhism or Christianity or Islam (to name just three); we all search for meaning, we find it where it suits us best.  I have lived in Christian and Islamic observent households and countries and have since chosen a Buddhist path for myself.  I still hold great faith in the tenants of many religions and have great respect for their teachings.  I also believe that our faith can and should change: we are brought up in the faith of our parents, it is then our choice to decide for ourselves.  Equally, people and places and circumstances can lead us to other new paths.  As long as the basic desire is to do good and be at harmony with each other and the planet we all inhabit, how we come to that desire is an ever evolving process. 

I am sad, however, to see in the latest posts an almost manic fervency and damning of everything but their current beliefs; I also find it quite surprising in one who had seemed so calm and at peace before.  And I am saddened when I see someone who suddenly, in embracing one faith, feels that it can not be done in harmony other faiths but, rather, must be done to the exclusion of all others. 

I enjoyed the time that our paths crossed, and as I said, it is a shame that they feel that we no longer have anything to share with each other...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.