Tuesday 30 August 2011

So, I'm back

from the sunny South of France and I'm wondering if I should be worried...

It seems, that somewhere in that glorious haze of heat and food, swimming and books, that I have lost my voice.  Though not literally, of course.  But, I have been back since Friday, laptop at the ready, and the sharing voice that I have enjoyed writing with these past few months is staying resolutely silent.  It's not as if I don't have anything to say either.  I have had a glorious two weeks, full of wonderful shared times (no TV, internet, radio, news: instead, games, reading, exploring, silly hats, an epic battle of Monopoly as the rain fell, the nightly game of Scrabble, the joy of watching the 10 yr old experience ET for the first time!), great friends, good food and drink shared at a table in the sun, and nature at its most beautiful best.  Somewhere in all of that, I also made some serious decisions about how I want to live my life, what I want to do, the people I want in it.  Decisions that would normally leave me with plenty to say: but, just as these decisions have been made without the usual noisy, messy, internal cogitations; so too the results sit quietly, calm and resolute.


In the meantime, however, I am abuzz with things to make and do.  I am drawing again and working on a seagull, in charcoal, for the dining room.  I have dolly to make right... my Victorian Jacket to sew... ideas for a stitching project... a thousand ideas for Halloween.  My mind is overflowing and it just doesn't feel like there are enough hours in the day!  It is wonderful to feel this alive with possibilities.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lon, love the new pic on Dragon's, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.