Tuesday 19 April 2011

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder,

then I count myself lucky to have eyes that find beauty in a great number of things. 

It was a question often debated in my Philosophy classes at University.  Form, symmetry, proportion, harmony, consistency and an ability to understand, to connect emotionally and, in some beliefs, also spiritually, all work to help us decide whether something is beautiful or not. 

In my experience, the trick is not to look but to really see; to pay attention and notice the subtleties.  It is the things that make you laugh out loud, stare in wonder or smile broadly that I class as beautiful and sometimes it can be the silliest, simplest things that lighten the day and make me happier just for seeing them. 

Now look...









...who would ever imagine finding a heart - a totally unexpected love token - sat on the floor, in all the mess that one drooly doberman and a bowl of water can make!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.