Monday 25 April 2011

Happy Easter everyone!

Last night I typed and deleted, typed and deleted, wanting to say something about Easter but not knowing how to.  I am a person of faith, rather than religion, and unlike Christmas (which melds religion and tradition and commerce almost seamlessly into a joyousness that encompasses and surpasses all it's elements) Easter I find trickier.  I appreciate the profound meaning of the Easter story and I like the occasional piece of chocolate egg, but we do not "celebrate" Easter in our household.

That said, Easter is about great love, a single momentous act of giving, redemption, rebirth, miracles and faith and in far smaller, far less profound but, in their own ways, no less meaningful, ways we have experienced some of these things this weekend.  We have shared love, generosity, kindness, compassion and been privileged to do so in the wonder of nature in all its springtime glory... I feel truly blessed after this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Lucy Green. Powered by Blogger.